Telford and Wrekin Health Roundtable
This committee, known as the Telford and Wrekin Health Roundtable is established as a sub-committee of the Telford and Wrekin Clinical Commissioning Group Governance Board.
The purpose of the Telford and Wrekin Patient Health Roundtable is to provide a
means of sharing information, and explore ways of supporting and sustaining
Patient Participation Groups across the Borough.
The Telford and Wrekin Health Roundtable gives the opportunity for community
groups to engage with commissioners and providers of health care and influence
commissioning of health services across Telford and Wrekin.
Key tasks and objectives?
The key tasks of the Health Roundtable will be to:
- Provide a space for members to gain a greater understanding of how health services are commissioned, provided and aligned and their impact on the Borough as a whole
- Discuss the impact of any service changes and developments in Telford and Wrekin
- Provide a forum where current issues that affect the health of GP populations across Telford and Wrekin can be debated
- Share the good practice already taking place in the groups in Telford and Wrekin
- Support the development and continuation of patient participation / reference groups across Telford and Wrekin
- Provide a forum for equalities and diversity issues to be discussed, and to receive updates on progress against the CCG’s equality objectives
- Explore and support ways in which patients and the public can better contribute to the design and delivery of health services in Telford and Wrekin
- Be a platform for Telford and Wrekin Clinical Commissioning Group to discuss the equality and diversity agenda
- Elect a Chair from within the Health Roundtable to sit on the Telford and Wrekin Clinical Commissioning Group Board (non voting) until March 2013. The Chair position will be up for re-election annually (March)
- Five elected representatives from Patient Participation Groups in Telford and Wrekin
- Long term condition support / reference group elected membe
- Urgent care reference group elected member
- Mental health representative
- Disabled people representative (Listen Not Label)
- Carer representative
- Youth representatives (2)
- Rights and Fairness Telford (RAFT)
- Frail and vulnerable representative
- Representative of Telford and Wrekin Local Involvement Network (LINk) in transition to HealthWatch
- Telford and Wrekin Clinical Commissioning Group Governance Board Lay Member – patient and public involvement
- GP Telford and Wrekin Clinical Commissioning Group – Patient and Public Involvement Lead
- Lead Commissioner Quality PPI, Telford and Wrekin CCG / PCT
- Patient Relations - Lead
Additional members may be co-opted by agreement of the majority of core
members and approval by the Clinical Commissioning Board.
The network may invite the attendance and assistance of members of the public or representatives of health services, with agreement of the members.
The health Roundtable will meet on a monthly basis and produce a six month report for the CCG Board.
At the end of march 2013 and evaluation will take place of the health Roundtable for the CCG Board to decide how to take this important committee forward.
Structure for Public and Patient Engagement.